Swim Pool Rules - NOT

Parents
  • The local small town outdoor pool has adult lap swim from 6-7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the summer. The past two years there have rarely been more than 6-10 swimmers, so it hasn't been much of a problem that they don't put in lane lines. This year there's a new triathlon in town at the end of the summer. I show up today and there are like 25 people standing around in the parking lot, waiting for it to open. I bypassed them all in the locker room since I already had a suit on and claimed the outside of the end lane next to the diving well. It was near chaos in the middle lanes, as all the aspiring triathletes with poor to fair swim skills were trying to stay in their very small imaginary lanes with varying degrees of success.
  • The local small town outdoor pool has adult lap swim from 6-7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the summer. The past two years there have rarely been more than 6-10 swimmers, so it hasn't been much of a problem that they don't put in lane lines. This year there's a new triathlon in town at the end of the summer. I show up today and there are like 25 people standing around in the parking lot, waiting for it to open. I bypassed them all in the locker room since I already had a suit on and claimed the outside of the end lane next to the diving well. It was near chaos in the middle lanes, as all the aspiring triathletes with poor to fair swim skills were trying to stay in their very small imaginary lanes with varying degrees of success.
Children
No Data