Olympic Trials - where to swim in Omaha

USMS members coming to Omaha for the Trials will have several options to stay wet and in shape. As soon as I have all of the contracts signed and pool space verified, I will create a handout and post it on this forum. You will also be able to get information at the USMS booth in the AquaZone. If you have any questions, please contact me at nbchair@usms.org. See you in Omaha soon. Swimming flyer is now uploaded. Check it out so you can stay wet while you are visiting Omaha for the Trials.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Who's going? Let me know; I'd love to get together with fellow Masters swimmers for lunch or dinner after the swim sessions. I'll be there June 30 through July 3. Anna Lea Matysek
  • Former Member
    The documentary "Touch the Wall" will be shown in Omaha during Trials. Synopsis: This documentary tells the story of two Olympic swimmers - Gold-Medalist Missy Franklin and Silver-Medalist Kara Lynn Joyce - and their journey to the 2012 London Olympics. When the veteran Joyce joins teenager Franklin and her age-group swim club, everything changes. The veteran Kara finds a new start and a world-class training partner; Missy finds a veteran and older sister to learn from. Together they train, compete, and support each other until the pool becomes too big for the two of them. Thrown apart by coach and circumstance, they reunite at Olympic Trials to redefine what it means to win. Touch The Wall will play at Marcus Midtown Cinema in Omaha During Swim Trials 2016 We're super excited to announce that Touch The Wall is coming to the Marcus Midtown Cinema in Omaha, NE during U.S. Olympic Swim Trials from 27 June – 3 July 2016. If you're in town for the Swim Trials, cool off at the theater between events. There will be multiple showings of Touch The Wall throughout the day and week. Touch The Wall runs Monday through Sunday of Trials and screens daily at 10:00a, 1:15p, and 4:30p. It also screens Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights at 7p. And just to spice things up a bit, we're throwing in a couple of special appearances. On Thursday, June 30 at 1:15p, Kara Lynn Joyce will be joining us for a Q&A. Missy's parents, Richard and DA Franklin, will also be joining us on Sunday, July 3 at 1:15p. All tickets can be purchased online or at the door. Showtimes are available at the link: www.marcustheatres.com/.../touch-the-wall Located just 5 minutes from the CenturyLink Center, the Marcus Midtown Cinema is your premiere entertainment destination featuring five Big Screen Bistro state-of-the-art auditoriums. The theater is located at 3201 Farnam St. Omaha, NE 68131.
  • I'm going!! This is Coach Retta Race from the USMS High Intensity Workout Forum and SwimSwam.com :)
  • Thank you so very much for putting this together!!
  • It would be totally awesome to get a car pool together, if possible. Not sure if anyone will have a car, or if we could split an Uber.
  • This is great! Are there any morning workouts for Tuesday and Thursday?
  • Former Member
    Check these resources: USMS Places to Swim: www.usms.org/.../placswimform.php Omaha Masters Swimming web site: www.omahamastersswimming.com/ Omaha Masters Swimming Facebook page: www.facebook.com/.../