backstroke ~ how far have you swam?

Former Member
Former Member
How far have you swam continuously with the backstroke? I swam a mile backstroke in high school on a challenge, going lengthwise. No one else was in the pool, and think it took at least 45 minutes. I was very tired afterwards but felt good. Do you always use goggles for backstroke? This week I swam a few laps, and found it easier to see without goggles.
Parents
  • I like to swim backstroke in the OW. In a lake, swimming parallel to the shore, one can look up or to the side and see clouds and tree tops go bye. A pair of tinted goggles helps, depending on sun conditions. In the Ocean its fun to get out past the breakers and swim backstroke while the swell periodically lifts you up and lets you down. LCM backstroke seems swimming a mystery - where in the heck am I and when will this length end - probably just cause I'm not accustomed to it. For me UDK w/fins on back is a real gas, looking up through the water at lane ropes and objects on the ceiling.
  • I like to swim backstroke in the OW. In a lake, swimming parallel to the shore, one can look up or to the side and see clouds and tree tops go bye. A pair of tinted goggles helps, depending on sun conditions. In the Ocean its fun to get out past the breakers and swim backstroke while the swell periodically lifts you up and lets you down. LCM backstroke seems swimming a mystery - where in the heck am I and when will this length end - probably just cause I'm not accustomed to it. For me UDK w/fins on back is a real gas, looking up through the water at lane ropes and objects on the ceiling.
Children
No Data