backstroke ~ how far have you swam?

Former Member
Former Member
How far have you swam continuously with the backstroke? I swam a mile backstroke in high school on a challenge, going lengthwise. No one else was in the pool, and think it took at least 45 minutes. I was very tired afterwards but felt good. Do you always use goggles for backstroke? This week I swam a few laps, and found it easier to see without goggles.
Parents
  • I've done 1000 SCY straight backstroke, 2000 SCY backstroke sets and probably exceeded 3000 SCY backstroke in a single workout. Back in the 1970's the Red Cross had a program called the "50 Mile Swim" If you swam a total of 50 miles in chunks no smaller than 1/4 mile, you earned a patch. My Mom did it one summer, almost entirely backstroke.
  • I've done 1000 SCY straight backstroke, 2000 SCY backstroke sets and probably exceeded 3000 SCY backstroke in a single workout. Back in the 1970's the Red Cross had a program called the "50 Mile Swim" If you swam a total of 50 miles in chunks no smaller than 1/4 mile, you earned a patch. My Mom did it one summer, almost entirely backstroke.
Children
No Data