backstroke ~ how far have you swam?

Former Member
Former Member
How far have you swam continuously with the backstroke? I swam a mile backstroke in high school on a challenge, going lengthwise. No one else was in the pool, and think it took at least 45 minutes. I was very tired afterwards but felt good. Do you always use goggles for backstroke? This week I swam a few laps, and found it easier to see without goggles.
Parents
  • Before I started swimming with a Masters coach who fixed some serious problems with my freestyle form as well as gave me planned workouts, I preferred back stroke because I could breathe the whole time and because I could see the sky. I seriously might do 1000 m backstroke and only 200 free. Now that I kind of know what I'm doing and have a coach that doesn't happen any more. If I'm doing backstroke for fun or as a cool down I skip the goggles. They are still necessary for timed sets with flip turns or for IMs
  • Before I started swimming with a Masters coach who fixed some serious problems with my freestyle form as well as gave me planned workouts, I preferred back stroke because I could breathe the whole time and because I could see the sky. I seriously might do 1000 m backstroke and only 200 free. Now that I kind of know what I'm doing and have a coach that doesn't happen any more. If I'm doing backstroke for fun or as a cool down I skip the goggles. They are still necessary for timed sets with flip turns or for IMs
Children
No Data