Toes and fingers go numb

Former Member
Former Member
When the pool temp goes below 80 (I know, I used to complain when it went above 80!), I've noticed two fingers and now this week, 3 toes tingle and/or get numb. I know this can be a warning sign for diabetes, which would be ironic, since I can't eat any kind of processed sweets -- my once a day treat is a few bites of a protein bar. Has this ever happened to anyone? Should I be alarmed? Two toes still feel slightly numb hours after swimming.
Parents
  • Hi Elaine, wow, that's scary. I remember reading about Raynaud's but didn't think there was anything you could do for it. Toes still numb today. I was prescribed Procardia (calcium channel blocker) for about one month. Once my symptoms were under control, I was taken off of it. By taking good preventative care, I have not had to take any medication since that first time. I'm curious about something. Are you in your mid-30's with a slim build? Raynaud's is most commonly strikes females of this type, and it is sometimes the first symptom of other auto-immune disorders such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. This is something for you and your doctor to keep an eye on. Education is key. Arm yourself with accurate information to keep yourself out of trouble. :agree:
  • Hi Elaine, wow, that's scary. I remember reading about Raynaud's but didn't think there was anything you could do for it. Toes still numb today. I was prescribed Procardia (calcium channel blocker) for about one month. Once my symptoms were under control, I was taken off of it. By taking good preventative care, I have not had to take any medication since that first time. I'm curious about something. Are you in your mid-30's with a slim build? Raynaud's is most commonly strikes females of this type, and it is sometimes the first symptom of other auto-immune disorders such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. This is something for you and your doctor to keep an eye on. Education is key. Arm yourself with accurate information to keep yourself out of trouble. :agree:
Children
No Data