Toes and fingers go numb

Former Member
Former Member
When the pool temp goes below 80 (I know, I used to complain when it went above 80!), I've noticed two fingers and now this week, 3 toes tingle and/or get numb. I know this can be a warning sign for diabetes, which would be ironic, since I can't eat any kind of processed sweets -- my once a day treat is a few bites of a protein bar. Has this ever happened to anyone? Should I be alarmed? Two toes still feel slightly numb hours after swimming.
Parents
  • When the pool temp goes below 80 (I know, I used to complain when it went above 80!), I've noticed two fingers and now this week, 3 toes tingle and/or get numb. I know this can be a warning sign for diabetes, which would be ironic, since I can't eat any kind of processed sweets -- my once a day treat is a few bites of a protein bar. Has this ever happened to anyone? Should I be alarmed? Two toes still feel slightly numb hours after swimming. Do some research on Raynaud's Syndrome (also "Raynaud's Disease" or Raynaud's Phenomenon"). Mayo Clinic one of the most reliable websites for accurate medical information, so check there first. Is this what you are experiencing? If so, discuss it with your doctor, and while you're at it, get tested for diabetes if your doctor recommends it. I first got Raynaud's in my toes in 1992, and then eventually experienced it in my fingers, nose, and ears. It's something I will deal with for the rest of my life, since there is no cure.
  • When the pool temp goes below 80 (I know, I used to complain when it went above 80!), I've noticed two fingers and now this week, 3 toes tingle and/or get numb. I know this can be a warning sign for diabetes, which would be ironic, since I can't eat any kind of processed sweets -- my once a day treat is a few bites of a protein bar. Has this ever happened to anyone? Should I be alarmed? Two toes still feel slightly numb hours after swimming. Do some research on Raynaud's Syndrome (also "Raynaud's Disease" or Raynaud's Phenomenon"). Mayo Clinic one of the most reliable websites for accurate medical information, so check there first. Is this what you are experiencing? If so, discuss it with your doctor, and while you're at it, get tested for diabetes if your doctor recommends it. I first got Raynaud's in my toes in 1992, and then eventually experienced it in my fingers, nose, and ears. It's something I will deal with for the rest of my life, since there is no cure.
Children
No Data