Pool space needed; willing to pay $10/hr.

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, I have a successful swim lesson business in Skokie, IL and I'm looking to expand into Chicago. Does anyone reading this have any connections or ideas? I prefer an indoor pool that's heated (i.e. a pool inside of a condo). Thank you! Bill
  • I've no direct ideas, but you might want to post in the Illinois forum with a more precise subject.
  • In my area, upstate NY, there are several swim coaches that use YMCA or other fitness centers, but then, of course, they have to do it as employees. Most of the fee goes to the center then. There are a couple Tri coaches doing masters swim sessions semi-periodically at local high schools, but the pool availability is subject to all sorts of restrictions. My school district has various swim classes as part of adult continuing education, learn to swim, open swim, stroke improvement, and masters swim. They're pretty cheap, so I have no idea how or how much the coaches get paid. Ask this woman how she does it. (www.serragosswimmers.com/about-ashley.php)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    You guys are awesome. Thank you for helping me out. I'm going to jump on these ideas over the weekend.