Freestyle help needed: One dropped elbow

Now that Nationals are over, it's back to the drawing board- or, at least video feedback for stroke flaws. This video my husband shot for me today shows I am dropping my left elbow on entry, and it's waving around a bit as I reach forward. Does anybody have suggestions on how to correct this stroke flaw? Your advice would be most appreciated! Thanks, Forumites! www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Elaine... Two things. Reach and beer barrel. 1.) Your reach is not fully extended. The beginning of your catch should almost feel as if you were stretching out towards the ceiling. 2.) You will never drop your elbow if you imagined wrapping it around an imaginary beer barrel. The arm will stay high during the entire catch with a focus on keeping a high elbow. Reach out there, latch onto the barrel, and throw it behind you! :) The elbow wants to stay up high, and as close to the side of your head, for as long as you can while it transitions into the deeper part of the stroke.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Elaine... Two things. Reach and beer barrel. 1.) Your reach is not fully extended. The beginning of your catch should almost feel as if you were stretching out towards the ceiling. 2.) You will never drop your elbow if you imagined wrapping it around an imaginary beer barrel. The arm will stay high during the entire catch with a focus on keeping a high elbow. Reach out there, latch onto the barrel, and throw it behind you! :) The elbow wants to stay up high, and as close to the side of your head, for as long as you can while it transitions into the deeper part of the stroke.
Children
No Data