Freestyle help needed: One dropped elbow

Now that Nationals are over, it's back to the drawing board- or, at least video feedback for stroke flaws. This video my husband shot for me today shows I am dropping my left elbow on entry, and it's waving around a bit as I reach forward. Does anybody have suggestions on how to correct this stroke flaw? Your advice would be most appreciated! Thanks, Forumites! www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • In keeping with the VW theme from Coach Mark's most excellent looking van, I'd offer this way to think about your entry, courtesy of some work I did with Terry Laughlin of Total Immersion a few years back: as your hand enters the water, think about your hand sliding down the hood and over the grill of a car (but think more Beetle\Bug than campervan as you imagine this) That thought might help you get your hand higher than your elbow. The video I'd next like to see is your over-water recovery as I'd like to see if you're entering at too low an angle to 'cause' your elbow to drop underwater. On the positive side, I think the kick-hip-rotation is great.
  • In keeping with the VW theme from Coach Mark's most excellent looking van, I'd offer this way to think about your entry, courtesy of some work I did with Terry Laughlin of Total Immersion a few years back: as your hand enters the water, think about your hand sliding down the hood and over the grill of a car (but think more Beetle\Bug than campervan as you imagine this) That thought might help you get your hand higher than your elbow. The video I'd next like to see is your over-water recovery as I'd like to see if you're entering at too low an angle to 'cause' your elbow to drop underwater. On the positive side, I think the kick-hip-rotation is great.
Children
No Data