Swimming App

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I have been developing an application over the past couple months that should help coaches and individual players increase their swim speed. I am hoping to receive some sort of feedback from coaches who have more hands on experience and can give me some feedback on what features would help them manage swim practice or what features would not. Pretty much the app would just go through your swim stroke like a science experiment. You would swim a couple laps to get your baseline speed. From there you would start to receive instructions from the app, such as elongate your stroke. it will then run you through a couple of different instructions besides just elongate your stroke, such as simple instructions like kick more. Eventually at the end you will be able to look at what different techniques allowed you to swim at a greater speed. I know that all in all this app is pretty much a fancy clip board, but I think it has a lot of potential. I know from my personal experience that some coaches are just parents that swam a tiny bit in college at most. I hope that this will help those coaches who do not have as much experience as full time coaches. Also, I think this would be a great tool for swimmers to use by themselves. Please let me know what you think! Thanks P.S. Any thoughts are welcome. Even if your idea is completely different then what I have written I would love to hear it. My goal is to help coaches perform their job better by starting to incorporate technology into the sport!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Dear Mr. (or Mrs.) swimmingApp, it's a bit hard to give feedback, given the rather limited description. Given that hardly any smartphone is waterproof, I imaging that the app would run outside the pool before or after any workout. It would then show pictures, text and maybe movies. That, however, seems to work better on a regular website, several of which exist for learning to improve swimming. Not to mention YouTube with all the free material on swimming (which certainly could be structured better, again something a simple website with links may offer more easily). So, why an app? And what's the added benefit over existing tutorial websites? Best, Marco
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Dear Mr. (or Mrs.) swimmingApp, it's a bit hard to give feedback, given the rather limited description. Given that hardly any smartphone is waterproof, I imaging that the app would run outside the pool before or after any workout. It would then show pictures, text and maybe movies. That, however, seems to work better on a regular website, several of which exist for learning to improve swimming. Not to mention YouTube with all the free material on swimming (which certainly could be structured better, again something a simple website with links may offer more easily). So, why an app? And what's the added benefit over existing tutorial websites? Best, Marco
Children
No Data