I use my right hand as a support while breathing on my left

Former Member
Former Member
During left side breathing I put a load on my right hand stretched out in front. I can feel this load directly on my right shoulder and becomes very uncomfortable during longer sessions. During right side breathing I do not put any such load on my left hand and can breathe with my left shoulder relaxed. Are there any drills to correct my left side breathing so that I can breathe without putting any load on my right hand/shoulder? Regards Hydrosoul. With a body composed of 60% water, pool is where it belongs!
Parents
  • You're probably pressing down on the water with your right hand going into your stroke which puts pressure on the shoulder. You should get help from a coach, of course. But you should also work to do a high elbow catch where you are pulling with your forearm rather than pressing down with your whole arm. There are tons of videos on this if you search youtube.
  • You're probably pressing down on the water with your right hand going into your stroke which puts pressure on the shoulder. You should get help from a coach, of course. But you should also work to do a high elbow catch where you are pulling with your forearm rather than pressing down with your whole arm. There are tons of videos on this if you search youtube.
Children
No Data