Gym + Swim good for losing weight?

Former Member
Former Member
I went to the gym today and after I lifted weights for an hour, I went for a swim for about 40 minutes. I must say, after all that my body was absolutely exhausted! I'm looking to start a routine where I both lift weights and swim every other day. Now my questions are: IS swimming after a gym session a good idea? IS swimming before a gym session a better? IS swimming at all a good idea if I'm trying to lose weight?? Any help for this amateur swimmer would be greatly appreciated! Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk Pro
Parents
  • I've not been able to lose weight just swimming, but it does help me lose fat and build muscle (trim-up). AS I"ve gotten older those results come much slower. Others on this forum have reported substantial weight loss while just swimming, so it may be somewhat individualized and clearly also dependent on your eating habits, metabolism, and age. I have been able to loose weight combining swimming with improved eating habits and also combing with running, weights (very minor), and spinning/cycling. Lost 35 pounds in about a year. I have done doubles with a swim workout and personally prefer swimming after other dryland exercises when doubling. I was able to lose about 3 pounds per month when I combined this with cutting out most frivolous carbs and not letting the munchies get me after practices. Good luck, remember time is on your side and see what works for you.
  • I've not been able to lose weight just swimming, but it does help me lose fat and build muscle (trim-up). AS I"ve gotten older those results come much slower. Others on this forum have reported substantial weight loss while just swimming, so it may be somewhat individualized and clearly also dependent on your eating habits, metabolism, and age. I have been able to loose weight combining swimming with improved eating habits and also combing with running, weights (very minor), and spinning/cycling. Lost 35 pounds in about a year. I have done doubles with a swim workout and personally prefer swimming after other dryland exercises when doubling. I was able to lose about 3 pounds per month when I combined this with cutting out most frivolous carbs and not letting the munchies get me after practices. Good luck, remember time is on your side and see what works for you.
Children
No Data