Wrist/Forearm pain-Intersection Syndrome

I've developed a really painful issue in my wrist/forearm. I competed in Ironman California last Saturday, and on the bike course my left forearm, on the radial side, started to really hurt. I found I could minimize the pain by holding my hand straight out, but that's not really practical when you're riding the aerobars. It got worse on the run, and to make matters worse, I suffered extreme cramping in both my hands and arms after the race. Anyway, long story short, It really hurts to swim hard, and I can barely write (sucks to be left-handed). I've been out of the pool for two days, and I'm seeing my physical therapist today. Anybody else ever have a problem like this? Wondering how you took care of it and how long it takes to heal. I'm supposed to be competing in the SPMS regional meet in about 10 days, but that might be doubtful now. Would appreciate any advice, Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I don't have any advice on your on your injury but I'd still swim even if you are mostly kicking. It is also not uncommon to develop pain during or after an ironman race that can last over a month past the race.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I don't have any advice on your on your injury but I'd still swim even if you are mostly kicking. It is also not uncommon to develop pain during or after an ironman race that can last over a month past the race.
Children
No Data