Salt water conversion made me sick?

Former Member
Former Member
I was so excited to learn our pool was finally converting to salt water. While I was swimming, the pool dude dumped 3 huge bags of salt in each lane. That night I experienced sinusitis -- huge thick amounts of mucus (sorry, I know this is gross). That was a week ago. I'm still sick - just tons of gunk coming out everyday, I'm really fatigued, can't taste anything. I haven't had a voice in 3 days (some people are happy about that!:applaud: I haven't swam since Friday. Is this possible that the sudden onslaught of salt brought this on? I wear a silicone cap and nose clips. I'm trying to do this the natural way - ginger tea, and an antihistamine, but I miss the pool. This is a bummer
Parents
  • Salt is organic,... Unambiguously untrue. ...and if the salt added to the pool is JUST salt, it should cause no health issue. Whether one uses the chemical or colloquial definition of "organic" there are numerous "organic" substances that have very significant health consequences. Poison ivy and fugu fish come to mind immediately. The first causes rash, the second can be lethal. ...and as long as we are setting the record straight, typically the antimicrobial chemicals that are added to swimming pools are not the cause of sinus trouble or allergic reactions, it is the products of the chemical reaction of these chemicals with various fluids left behind by humans such as sweat, saliva and urine.
  • Salt is organic,... Unambiguously untrue. ...and if the salt added to the pool is JUST salt, it should cause no health issue. Whether one uses the chemical or colloquial definition of "organic" there are numerous "organic" substances that have very significant health consequences. Poison ivy and fugu fish come to mind immediately. The first causes rash, the second can be lethal. ...and as long as we are setting the record straight, typically the antimicrobial chemicals that are added to swimming pools are not the cause of sinus trouble or allergic reactions, it is the products of the chemical reaction of these chemicals with various fluids left behind by humans such as sweat, saliva and urine.
Children
No Data