Salt water conversion made me sick?

Former Member
Former Member
I was so excited to learn our pool was finally converting to salt water. While I was swimming, the pool dude dumped 3 huge bags of salt in each lane. That night I experienced sinusitis -- huge thick amounts of mucus (sorry, I know this is gross). That was a week ago. I'm still sick - just tons of gunk coming out everyday, I'm really fatigued, can't taste anything. I haven't had a voice in 3 days (some people are happy about that!:applaud: I haven't swam since Friday. Is this possible that the sudden onslaught of salt brought this on? I wear a silicone cap and nose clips. I'm trying to do this the natural way - ginger tea, and an antihistamine, but I miss the pool. This is a bummer
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hi Dan, I've had this "mucus producing illness" 3x since January. I take care of a toddler who started day care and he's been sick more than healthy, so I'm sure that's part of the source of my illnesses. I swam for a year in a salt water pool and never had any problems, but it was already converted. My concern (and other swimmers there as well) was the dumping of a total of 15 bags of salt (not sure if there are any other "ingredients" in the salt mixture) into the pool while we were swimming within 15 minutes.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hi Dan, I've had this "mucus producing illness" 3x since January. I take care of a toddler who started day care and he's been sick more than healthy, so I'm sure that's part of the source of my illnesses. I swam for a year in a salt water pool and never had any problems, but it was already converted. My concern (and other swimmers there as well) was the dumping of a total of 15 bags of salt (not sure if there are any other "ingredients" in the salt mixture) into the pool while we were swimming within 15 minutes.
Children
No Data