Salt water conversion made me sick?

Former Member
Former Member
I was so excited to learn our pool was finally converting to salt water. While I was swimming, the pool dude dumped 3 huge bags of salt in each lane. That night I experienced sinusitis -- huge thick amounts of mucus (sorry, I know this is gross). That was a week ago. I'm still sick - just tons of gunk coming out everyday, I'm really fatigued, can't taste anything. I haven't had a voice in 3 days (some people are happy about that!:applaud: I haven't swam since Friday. Is this possible that the sudden onslaught of salt brought this on? I wear a silicone cap and nose clips. I'm trying to do this the natural way - ginger tea, and an antihistamine, but I miss the pool. This is a bummer
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    That guy should never have dumped it into the pool when anyone was in it. These things need to be done when the pool is empty of people and water can circulate freely. I thought salt needs to be added into some type of intake, not just dumped. I would speak with the pool mgr. or someone about this. He's the supervisor of the lifeguards.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    That guy should never have dumped it into the pool when anyone was in it. These things need to be done when the pool is empty of people and water can circulate freely. I thought salt needs to be added into some type of intake, not just dumped. I would speak with the pool mgr. or someone about this. He's the supervisor of the lifeguards.
Children
No Data