ISO Central Pennsylvania (Harrisburg) Swimmers/Teams/Pools

I travel to visit my mom in Pennsylvania two/three times a year and have a hard time getting in any swim workouts because there are so few pools in her area. I've done a search here in the USMS site and mostly come up with Pittsburgh/Philly teams. I have only found one pool close to her that allows drop ins and one masters team (both at the same location). That group is called Dumpster Fish (haha, funny name, right?!?) and they swim at the Friendship Center in Harrisburg. I'm just curious if there are other pools/groups in the area that I'm not finding in my searches. I'd be looking at Harrisburg and points north, as York and Lancaster are too far. Thanks! Amanda
  • You can look into a two-day "day" pass at the West Shore YMCA in Camp Hill. They have lanes open a large chunk of the day. I'm not sure how many times in a year you can do these passes, because you're not required to be a YMCA member to buy them. I think the most I've ever used is twice in 1 year. Also, it appears there is now a masters team affiliated with the Harrisburg Area YMCA and they offer practices at both the East Shore and West Shore pools (www.ymcaharrisburg.org/.../) There is also a masters team at the Central Penn Fitness and Aquatic Center (www.centralpennfitnesscenter.com/.../). I can't vouch for either program personally, but they do exist!
  • That group is called Dumpster Fish (haha, funny name, right?!?) and they swim at the Friendship Center in Harrisburg. Dumpster Fish have some strong swimmers. I haven't been to their practices but I've met them at meets, good group of folks.