Race the 1000 & 1650 the same day

I would like some input from people who have actually swum the 1000 & 1650 on the same day in a meet. It looks like there are people out there who do it seemingly successfully (by looking at their times) but I wonder if they regretted this decision a bit. Or trained specifically with that intent. The only thing I could think of to prep for this might be doubles in the pool once or twice a week. Or were they able to successfully nap between the events. See, I'd like to swim the 1000 at Nats but I'm basically shot to high heaven after that event anyways. I just barely meet the Qualifying time in both for my age group, so that's not a deterrent. So, I'm considering potentially "stupid" things. And I can't decide whether I should be talked into or out of doing both. What do you have for me? Advice? Warnings to heed? Help me fully inform my decision.
Parents
  • Actually, 4 out of the 6 swimming the 1650 in my age group are all registered for the 1000 that morning. Misery loves company. The 1650 will be the battle of who fades the least. Bring it on! (Ok, maybe I do have enough of a screw loose to be a distance woman!)
  • Actually, 4 out of the 6 swimming the 1650 in my age group are all registered for the 1000 that morning. Misery loves company. The 1650 will be the battle of who fades the least. Bring it on! (Ok, maybe I do have enough of a screw loose to be a distance woman!)
Children
No Data