Race the 1000 & 1650 the same day

I would like some input from people who have actually swum the 1000 & 1650 on the same day in a meet. It looks like there are people out there who do it seemingly successfully (by looking at their times) but I wonder if they regretted this decision a bit. Or trained specifically with that intent. The only thing I could think of to prep for this might be doubles in the pool once or twice a week. Or were they able to successfully nap between the events. See, I'd like to swim the 1000 at Nats but I'm basically shot to high heaven after that event anyways. I just barely meet the Qualifying time in both for my age group, so that's not a deterrent. So, I'm considering potentially "stupid" things. And I can't decide whether I should be talked into or out of doing both. What do you have for me? Advice? Warnings to heed? Help me fully inform my decision.
Parents
  • Because I only qualified in the two distance events, it's either swim it or not. Nothing else to trade with. Now that psych sheets are out, I see I got lucky age group-wise that if I swim them, I'm going to come away with some bling for my effort. I like bling. :D My rough math and guess at scratches tells me I should get about 3-1/2 hours between events. Depending on how easy the in/out/parking is, this means I should have time to go back to the hotel for a nap. Either way, I definitely have time for an on-deck nap, so I'll plan on that for sure. And knowing the ballpark time frame, I have enough days until the meet to practice my recovery plan. Yay, naps! I can get behind that kind of race prep! Haha!
  • Because I only qualified in the two distance events, it's either swim it or not. Nothing else to trade with. Now that psych sheets are out, I see I got lucky age group-wise that if I swim them, I'm going to come away with some bling for my effort. I like bling. :D My rough math and guess at scratches tells me I should get about 3-1/2 hours between events. Depending on how easy the in/out/parking is, this means I should have time to go back to the hotel for a nap. Either way, I definitely have time for an on-deck nap, so I'll plan on that for sure. And knowing the ballpark time frame, I have enough days until the meet to practice my recovery plan. Yay, naps! I can get behind that kind of race prep! Haha!
Children
No Data