Having a bad practice

Ok, quick question across the group. Say you are having a bad practice. Can't get any speed, feeling slow in the water, do you gut it out or do you quit and rest up for another day? I've had a couple in the past week and one I quit on (although I was swimming on my own) and another I fought through it (team practice). Thoughts?
Parents
  • I agree with the things others have said and I would also add I think it's useful to tell yourself, "OK, I'm just going to stick with it for the remainder of this set and then I'll re-evaluate." I've found that more often than not you'll decide to just keep going when you reach the next decision point. If you still feel like you should get out then, then get out.
  • I agree with the things others have said and I would also add I think it's useful to tell yourself, "OK, I'm just going to stick with it for the remainder of this set and then I'll re-evaluate." I've found that more often than not you'll decide to just keep going when you reach the next decision point. If you still feel like you should get out then, then get out.
Children
No Data