Having a bad practice

Ok, quick question across the group. Say you are having a bad practice. Can't get any speed, feeling slow in the water, do you gut it out or do you quit and rest up for another day? I've had a couple in the past week and one I quit on (although I was swimming on my own) and another I fought through it (team practice). Thoughts?
Parents
  • If I'm having a hard time in a practice I hate to quit and get out because I'm already present and wet; on the flip side I hate to exert myself for no good reason. Usually I take one of these 2 approaches: 1) I make it a stroke day. Normally I swim most of our practices freestyle. On an off day I'll go to the end of the line in our lane and swim the sets doing the other 3 strokes. If it's impossible for me to hold the interval, I shorten the distance of my swim, but stay in the interval. Always let your lane mates know if you're doing this so they don't freak out when you're coming from the other end of the pool. 2) Slow down and go last, relax and work on perfect swimming form.
  • If I'm having a hard time in a practice I hate to quit and get out because I'm already present and wet; on the flip side I hate to exert myself for no good reason. Usually I take one of these 2 approaches: 1) I make it a stroke day. Normally I swim most of our practices freestyle. On an off day I'll go to the end of the line in our lane and swim the sets doing the other 3 strokes. If it's impossible for me to hold the interval, I shorten the distance of my swim, but stay in the interval. Always let your lane mates know if you're doing this so they don't freak out when you're coming from the other end of the pool. 2) Slow down and go last, relax and work on perfect swimming form.
Children
No Data