Swimming at odd hours

Former Member
Former Member
Hey everyone! This is my first forum question, about nutrition and rest, hopefully in the right thread. At the end of the week I'll be swimming in a 24h team marathon. In short, 8 team members swim 30 minutes in 6 cycles during 24h. My scheduled entering times are 3.30pm, 7.30pm, 11.30pm, 3.30am, 7.30am and 11.30am. The team that covers the most kilometers wins. What I'd like to know is: what would be a good food strategy in the 3.5 hours I have between events, especially before and in between the last events when I'll be dead tired from lack of proper sleep? sleeping, no sleeping, how much? any other advice is much appreciated! Many thanks. Adrian
Parents
  • I don't know how much of a coffee drinker you are, but if you're not...then I wouldn't drink it during this event just to use it as some sort of booster. When I was in the Navy I drank coffee almost 'round the clock (black). Now I'm more of just a morning coffee drinker. But I've never felt that it dehydrates me. Just make sure you're also drinking enough water. If you are a coffee drinker...I'd be more concerned with it making me have to pee during one of the swim intervals. BUT, each swim is only 30 minutes. So, if you've just recently drank a cup you should pee right before you get in the water and I think you'd be OK for 30 minutes. Dan
  • I don't know how much of a coffee drinker you are, but if you're not...then I wouldn't drink it during this event just to use it as some sort of booster. When I was in the Navy I drank coffee almost 'round the clock (black). Now I'm more of just a morning coffee drinker. But I've never felt that it dehydrates me. Just make sure you're also drinking enough water. If you are a coffee drinker...I'd be more concerned with it making me have to pee during one of the swim intervals. BUT, each swim is only 30 minutes. So, if you've just recently drank a cup you should pee right before you get in the water and I think you'd be OK for 30 minutes. Dan
Children
No Data