Swimming at odd hours

Former Member
Former Member
Hey everyone! This is my first forum question, about nutrition and rest, hopefully in the right thread. At the end of the week I'll be swimming in a 24h team marathon. In short, 8 team members swim 30 minutes in 6 cycles during 24h. My scheduled entering times are 3.30pm, 7.30pm, 11.30pm, 3.30am, 7.30am and 11.30am. The team that covers the most kilometers wins. What I'd like to know is: what would be a good food strategy in the 3.5 hours I have between events, especially before and in between the last events when I'll be dead tired from lack of proper sleep? sleeping, no sleeping, how much? any other advice is much appreciated! Many thanks. Adrian
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thanks to both. I have an additional question concerning coffee. It seems that it will be needed in fair amounts before those early swim sessions. I've read that coffee gives a strong sensation of dehydration and it doesn't always take effect immediately to feel it during the race. Can I exchange it with something that will act faster? Organizers are giving glucose tablets, which I know are post race supplements.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thanks to both. I have an additional question concerning coffee. It seems that it will be needed in fair amounts before those early swim sessions. I've read that coffee gives a strong sensation of dehydration and it doesn't always take effect immediately to feel it during the race. Can I exchange it with something that will act faster? Organizers are giving glucose tablets, which I know are post race supplements.
Children
No Data