How am I doing with this workout?

Former Member
Former Member
This is probably my second post here and I changed things up a little since my last post. The reason I am asking is because I am not coached by anyone and try my best to push myself. I am almost 55 years old now. This is my current workout that takes me an average of 1:50 to get through. I am fortunate that the health club I belong to has a 4 lane 25 Meter pool. Here goes. 10 X 500 Alternate 1 X 500 meter Free, 1 X 500 meter *** Stroke 500 Meter Free's I am holding average of 9:30 500 Meter *** I am holding average of 10:30 I take 1-1:45 minute average Rest between all 500's At the end I do one easy lap of easy swimming and stretching. On occasion I push this another 3 X 500's (13) when I feel up to it. When going through this workout I am pushing moderately for each set. At the end of this workout I feel pretty darn worked out. I do this routine on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday I am doing some weight work in the gym. Saturday and Sunday are time off resting and enjoying life with my family. How does this routine look to some of the more savoy experienced Swimmers on this site? I have been swimming for about a year now after a 38 year layoff since High School competition. Recently, I have also thought about joining Masters Swimming in my area which is Gilbert, Arizona. Thank you for reviewing this. Greg
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Today I measured the pool with a tape and found the true distance to be 75 feet. Sorry about the confusion. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Today I measured the pool with a tape and found the true distance to be 75 feet. Sorry about the confusion. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data