Fina 2015 top10 for lcm and scm are posted on the fina web

I have just finished compiling and posting the 2015 FINA Masters Top10 for LCM and SCM on the FINA web. Enjoy!! Walt Reid FINA Masters Recorder
  • I have just finished compiling and posting the 2015 FINA Masters Top10 for LCM and SCM on the FINA web. Enjoy!! Walt Reid FINA Masters Recorder thanks Walt. I know this is likely not an easy job but appreciate you maintaining this. Since we don't have a world SCM meet I am curious if there are consistent international SCM meets that lead to top 10 times? Selfishly I am looking in the men 45-49 age group and would love to travel to compete in the future.
  • Since we don't have a world SCM meet I am curious if there are consistent international SCM meets that lead to top 10 times? Selfishly I am looking in the men 45-49 age group and would love to travel to compete in the future.It would be nice if, like FINA is now doing on conjunction with LCM Worlds, they hosted a Masters SCM Worlds in conjunction with the "real swimmers" SCM Worlds. It would be nice to know, though, if there was a big meet in Europe (e.g., akin to our SPMA and Boston meets) that serve as big attractions for fast SCM racing each year.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thanks. I am in! 8th in 200m backstroke LCM (age group 35-39) :) Great stuff. First year since I started checking that I'm not in any. While that's in part due to a lack of competitive action on my side, the standards keep getting better and there's seems to be a more diverse range of nations in my events which can only be good!
  • Former Member
    Thanks. I am in! 8th in 200m backstroke LCM (age group 35-39) :)
  • It would be nice if, like FINA is now doing on conjunction with LCM Worlds, they hosted a Masters SCM Worlds in conjunction with the "real swimmers" SCM Worlds. USMS doesn't have a "real national championship" for SCM...but after I noticed that our Top 10 lists were finalized, I processed them to create the SCM mythical national champs for 2015. www.vaswim.org/.../ Bragging rights go to: Dixie Zone (best zone) Southern Pacific (best LMSC) New England Masters (best Club)
  • USMS doesn't have a "real national championship" for SCM...but after I noticed that our Top 10 lists were finalized, I processed them to create the SCM mythical national champs for 2015. www.vaswim.org/.../ Bragging rights go to: Dixie Zone (best zone) Southern Pacific (best LMSC) New England Masters (best Club) Very cool and thanks for this. I liked the Club rankings, particularly as ARIZ was 2nd and 3rd in SCY and SCM, respectively. However, I'm going to asterisk in my mind our 13th place showing in LCM - it's not that we can't swim LCM, it's just too darn hot to swim it fast and often ;) Just a question regarding the data you have behind the scenes for this - do you have # of unique swimmers that contributed to the scores? If so, it would be cool (assuming it's easy enough to do), to look at a Quality Metric by LMSC / Zone / Club = average points scored by contributing swimmers.
  • Former Member
    Some countries only have SCM nationals so the times are fairly competative.
  • Former Member
    I wish... 2016 SC Worlds are in Windsor near my dads home town. I would be all over that.
  • Former Member
    1500 SCM and LCM this year. My main meet got condensed to 1 day so I lost a few races and swam a little tired in others.
  • Very cool and thanks for this. I liked the Club rankings, particularly as ARIZ was 2nd and 3rd in SCY and SCM, respectively. However, I'm going to asterisk in my mind our 13th place showing in LCM - it's not that we can't swim LCM, it's just too darn hot to swim it fast and often ;) Just a question regarding the data you have behind the scenes for this - do you have # of unique swimmers that contributed to the scores? If so, it would be cool (assuming it's easy enough to do), to look at a Quality Metric by LMSC / Zone / Club = average points scored by contributing swimmers. It isn't too difficult to do, I need to expand the script that generates these tables anyway so I can generate these things and take a look if the results are meaningful. If they are I can add a column for the "per capita points" (and rank) to the output. But it may be a couple weeks before I can get to it.