Caleb Dressel in NY Times

Nice piece about Caleb Dressel in the New York Times today: www.nytimes.com/.../for-a-natural-swimming-isnt-always-easy.html The closing sentence: “It’s just me and the water,” he said, “and I’ll share the water with my teammates.” That reminded me of Michael Jordan's comments years ago about the boundaries of the basketball court. It formed a barrier between him and the outside world, one where it was just him and the other nine players.
Parents
  • Great article. I don't know much about Mr. Dressel other than his recent exploits at SECs, but this was a nice piece. I hope he can find peace with the sport and the media and stay with it. Watching his 100 was the first time I think I've seen him race and it was a beautiful swim. I think our sport is the most beautiful one to watch, made even more beautiful by people who swim like him.
  • Great article. I don't know much about Mr. Dressel other than his recent exploits at SECs, but this was a nice piece. I hope he can find peace with the sport and the media and stay with it. Watching his 100 was the first time I think I've seen him race and it was a beautiful swim. I think our sport is the most beautiful one to watch, made even more beautiful by people who swim like him.
Children
No Data