Kicking without the kick board

Former Member
Former Member
How important are kick boards? Can I ditch my kick board and just use a snorkel so I can put my head down and breathe or is there a benefit that kick boards offer that I wouldn't get if I did ditch the kick board? It gives me such a headache.
Parents
  • The benefits to kick boards over other types of kick sets are: - great for socializing - unlimited air - can feel like a break between tough intervals (where you're supposed to cruise on purpose) I've ditched the kick board for any set that's purpose is to be a better kicker. But I had a lovely cool down chatting with a pool mate using a kick board earlier this week - still helped the muscles slow down and at that point I couldn't have given another inch of good technique anyways.
  • The benefits to kick boards over other types of kick sets are: - great for socializing - unlimited air - can feel like a break between tough intervals (where you're supposed to cruise on purpose) I've ditched the kick board for any set that's purpose is to be a better kicker. But I had a lovely cool down chatting with a pool mate using a kick board earlier this week - still helped the muscles slow down and at that point I couldn't have given another inch of good technique anyways.
Children
No Data