Calf cramps

Former Member
Former Member
Does anyone have a fix for terrible calf cramps when I swim long distance. And toes cramp also. And it's not because I don't hydrate. I do and drink protein and potassium supplements. Someone just suggested COQ10. Any thoughts? :agree:
Parents
  • I also suffer from frequent calf cramps. They usually occur while using long fins or without fins when pushing off the wall on my turns. I stretch and do Pilates but to no avail. I will consult my physician about taking magnesium. Better yet I will speak with my local pharmacist who has a great knowledge of organic chemistry. Magnesium (Mg) is an element and found in nature as an inorganic chemical generally in association with calcium and carbonate - it's a mineral and rock called "dolomite". If the rock crystals have minor or no quantities of Mg, (ie., largely calcium carbonate), the mineral is calcite and the rock is called "limestone". :) Hope the Mg helps, keep us posted on what your pharmacist says and how it works out. Longer fins have the same impact on my calves, but the impact generally lessens the more work I do with fins on.
  • I also suffer from frequent calf cramps. They usually occur while using long fins or without fins when pushing off the wall on my turns. I stretch and do Pilates but to no avail. I will consult my physician about taking magnesium. Better yet I will speak with my local pharmacist who has a great knowledge of organic chemistry. Magnesium (Mg) is an element and found in nature as an inorganic chemical generally in association with calcium and carbonate - it's a mineral and rock called "dolomite". If the rock crystals have minor or no quantities of Mg, (ie., largely calcium carbonate), the mineral is calcite and the rock is called "limestone". :) Hope the Mg helps, keep us posted on what your pharmacist says and how it works out. Longer fins have the same impact on my calves, but the impact generally lessens the more work I do with fins on.
Children
No Data