Calf cramps

Former Member
Former Member
Does anyone have a fix for terrible calf cramps when I swim long distance. And toes cramp also. And it's not because I don't hydrate. I do and drink protein and potassium supplements. Someone just suggested COQ10. Any thoughts? :agree:
Parents
  • Does anyone have a fix for terrible calf cramps when I swim long distance. And toes cramp also. And it's not because I don't hydrate. I do and drink protein and potassium supplements. Someone just suggested COQ10. Any thoughts? :agree: Pickle juice. I kid you not and I have no idea why it works. Many of my open water friends bring a jar of pickle juice with them and give it to their kayaker. When a cramp pops up, two or three swigs of the juice fixes them right up. If you don't have a kayaker or a way to bring pickle juice with you on your swims, you can try taking a few swigs right before you start.
  • Does anyone have a fix for terrible calf cramps when I swim long distance. And toes cramp also. And it's not because I don't hydrate. I do and drink protein and potassium supplements. Someone just suggested COQ10. Any thoughts? :agree: Pickle juice. I kid you not and I have no idea why it works. Many of my open water friends bring a jar of pickle juice with them and give it to their kayaker. When a cramp pops up, two or three swigs of the juice fixes them right up. If you don't have a kayaker or a way to bring pickle juice with you on your swims, you can try taking a few swigs right before you start.
Children
No Data