Calf cramps

Former Member
Former Member
Does anyone have a fix for terrible calf cramps when I swim long distance. And toes cramp also. And it's not because I don't hydrate. I do and drink protein and potassium supplements. Someone just suggested COQ10. Any thoughts? :agree:
Parents
  • I got some toe cramps today around 1700 yds on the way to 2000. I used a little extra flex on the next couple wall pushoffs to alleviate it. I ran a couple miles before the swim so my feet had a double workout. I have always been prone to calf cramps from running when I go farther than normal for a week or two. Then again, I also get calf cramps when I am de-training, that is, when I had been in heavy training and then back off for a couple weeks after my goal event. I take twice daily calcium supplements to keep them at bay.
  • I got some toe cramps today around 1700 yds on the way to 2000. I used a little extra flex on the next couple wall pushoffs to alleviate it. I ran a couple miles before the swim so my feet had a double workout. I have always been prone to calf cramps from running when I go farther than normal for a week or two. Then again, I also get calf cramps when I am de-training, that is, when I had been in heavy training and then back off for a couple weeks after my goal event. I take twice daily calcium supplements to keep them at bay.
Children
No Data