How to Find Adult Swim Camps/Clinics

Former Member
Former Member
I've been participating in my local Masters Swimming workouts for 2.5 years now, an I'm looking to try to improve my swimming fundamentals. I would prefer working with a actual person rather than trying to use YouTube and books. Do adult swimming camps or clinics exist, and where can I find out more about them? Thank you.
Parents
  • Hi there! There are many clinics out there to choose from. They are organized in different ways that may be more or less effective, depending upon your particular needs. You should look for a clinic that will provide you with a video analysis of your stroke that you can refer to at any time. The video should give you feedback that identifies areas of strengths and weaknesses in your stroke. The feedback should also include guidance as to how you can improve upon the areas of weakness on your own. Additionally, the clinic should provide you with relatively personalized instruction (drills, or feedback on your stroke) that you can incorporate into your own workouts in the future. For example, the clinic can instruct you in a progressive style that will allow you to transition from drills to fullstroke, so that you can actually see the difference in your stroke from start to finish. Finally, clinics can offer valuable insight into the methodology of the coach who is providing the instruction. From this, you can decide (if the coach is available) whether you would like to pursue working with him/her in the future. If you're interested - and since you're looking for one in Maryland - I'll be providing freestyle technique clinics on behalf of Ocean Games in Ocean Pines, Maryland on April 3rd and May 22nd. Alternatively, if you want to come to Florida for a weekend, I'll be giving a clinic in Coral Springs on February 21st. Here are the links with more info: Coral Springs Clinic: www.swimspire.com/swimspire-february-freestyle-stroke-clinic-coral-springs-florida/ Ocean Games Clinics: www.oceangamesusa.org/.../ Good luck finding the clinic that is right for you!
  • Hi there! There are many clinics out there to choose from. They are organized in different ways that may be more or less effective, depending upon your particular needs. You should look for a clinic that will provide you with a video analysis of your stroke that you can refer to at any time. The video should give you feedback that identifies areas of strengths and weaknesses in your stroke. The feedback should also include guidance as to how you can improve upon the areas of weakness on your own. Additionally, the clinic should provide you with relatively personalized instruction (drills, or feedback on your stroke) that you can incorporate into your own workouts in the future. For example, the clinic can instruct you in a progressive style that will allow you to transition from drills to fullstroke, so that you can actually see the difference in your stroke from start to finish. Finally, clinics can offer valuable insight into the methodology of the coach who is providing the instruction. From this, you can decide (if the coach is available) whether you would like to pursue working with him/her in the future. If you're interested - and since you're looking for one in Maryland - I'll be providing freestyle technique clinics on behalf of Ocean Games in Ocean Pines, Maryland on April 3rd and May 22nd. Alternatively, if you want to come to Florida for a weekend, I'll be giving a clinic in Coral Springs on February 21st. Here are the links with more info: Coral Springs Clinic: www.swimspire.com/swimspire-february-freestyle-stroke-clinic-coral-springs-florida/ Ocean Games Clinics: www.oceangamesusa.org/.../ Good luck finding the clinic that is right for you!
Children
No Data