High School Meet Results

There's a trend in this state (Rhode Island) that disappoints me. From time to time, in certain meets, they will do away with the 500 freestyle. And (when my daughter was on the HS team) I personally witnessed that it's sometimes because the coaches can't entice anyone to swim it. Lame! Sometimes it's because the team is so small that they don't have enough swimmers. OK...maybe! First, if I were the coach, and I have plenty of swimmers on my team, I pick a kid and tell him/her to get up on the blocks and swim the race!!! But...if the rules are going to be bent by not conducting an event...when a team is truly shorthanded...why not bend the rules differently? Instead of scratching an event, let certain swimmers compete in an extra event so that ALL the scheduled events can be competed? Dan
Parents
  • USA Swimming In prelim/finals meets the limit is 3 individual events per day In timed final meets the limit is 5 individual events per day Is this a hard and fast rule? I recall Ryan Lochte entering damn near every event at a meet a couple years ago. I think it was Olympic Trials or a Nationals meet that was a selection meet for Worlds. There was lots of speculation about what he would and would not swim. It is possible that it still amounted to no more than three events per day.
  • USA Swimming In prelim/finals meets the limit is 3 individual events per day In timed final meets the limit is 5 individual events per day Is this a hard and fast rule? I recall Ryan Lochte entering damn near every event at a meet a couple years ago. I think it was Olympic Trials or a Nationals meet that was a selection meet for Worlds. There was lots of speculation about what he would and would not swim. It is possible that it still amounted to no more than three events per day.
Children
No Data