High School Meet Results

There's a trend in this state (Rhode Island) that disappoints me. From time to time, in certain meets, they will do away with the 500 freestyle. And (when my daughter was on the HS team) I personally witnessed that it's sometimes because the coaches can't entice anyone to swim it. Lame! Sometimes it's because the team is so small that they don't have enough swimmers. OK...maybe! First, if I were the coach, and I have plenty of swimmers on my team, I pick a kid and tell him/her to get up on the blocks and swim the race!!! But...if the rules are going to be bent by not conducting an event...when a team is truly shorthanded...why not bend the rules differently? Instead of scratching an event, let certain swimmers compete in an extra event so that ALL the scheduled events can be competed? Dan
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Westfield is still a perennial powerhouse in NJ high school swimming. I always wondered how they got such an amazing depth of talent. They are able to compete with the best private schools. It is impressive. When I swam in high school we got spanked by Westfield in the first round of the state tournament, they could have swam their C team and still probably beat us. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Westfield is still a perennial powerhouse in NJ high school swimming. I always wondered how they got such an amazing depth of talent. They are able to compete with the best private schools. It is impressive. When I swam in high school we got spanked by Westfield in the first round of the state tournament, they could have swam their C team and still probably beat us. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Children
No Data