Gym Pool Question

I recently joined an LA fitness near me in VA because they said the pool, which has only a few lanes but seldom crowded, is 25 meters. But when I swam at the rec center, which I know has 25 yard lanes, it felt like the lanes were longer than those at the gym, and wonder if anyone has had experience with this chain and its pools. I figure you don't tell a bodybuilder a 50 lb. weight is 60, and you don't tell a swimmer a lane is 25 meters when it may only be 20 yards at best. Aside from going in with a length of rope and measuring, I don't know how to figure it out. The staff has a persistent deer in the headlights look when you ask them a question that's outside their comfort zone. It's also the only gym I've been to where there is no air circulation in the spin cycle room, but that's off topic.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Same issue at LA Fitness in FL, no one could tell me the pool length. Now I'm back in IL and joined a Planet Fitness near my house, no one there can tell the weight of the bar in the squat rack. This is basic stuff, not sure who they hire or why, but even the manager couldn't tell me.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Same issue at LA Fitness in FL, no one could tell me the pool length. Now I'm back in IL and joined a Planet Fitness near my house, no one there can tell the weight of the bar in the squat rack. This is basic stuff, not sure who they hire or why, but even the manager couldn't tell me.
Children
No Data