Gym Pool Question

I recently joined an LA fitness near me in VA because they said the pool, which has only a few lanes but seldom crowded, is 25 meters. But when I swam at the rec center, which I know has 25 yard lanes, it felt like the lanes were longer than those at the gym, and wonder if anyone has had experience with this chain and its pools. I figure you don't tell a bodybuilder a 50 lb. weight is 60, and you don't tell a swimmer a lane is 25 meters when it may only be 20 yards at best. Aside from going in with a length of rope and measuring, I don't know how to figure it out. The staff has a persistent deer in the headlights look when you ask them a question that's outside their comfort zone. It's also the only gym I've been to where there is no air circulation in the spin cycle room, but that's off topic.
Parents
  • I don't know about LA Fitness, but a lot of people don't know and don't care to know the difference between yards and meters. This comes up at the pool where I swim all the time. Especially new employees who work the floor and not the pool have no idea. I actually had a mini-argument with a triathlete once who was insisting to someone in the pool that it was meters. She said staff told her so it must be true. I wish it was because then I am really fast. :-)
  • I don't know about LA Fitness, but a lot of people don't know and don't care to know the difference between yards and meters. This comes up at the pool where I swim all the time. Especially new employees who work the floor and not the pool have no idea. I actually had a mini-argument with a triathlete once who was insisting to someone in the pool that it was meters. She said staff told her so it must be true. I wish it was because then I am really fast. :-)
Children
No Data