Favorite Place to Swim

Former Member
Former Member
I'm taking a casual poll of the "Best Places to Swim in the World" for a freelance story I'm working on. The topic is very open-ended: I'm looking for anything from the best place for an open-water swim, i.e. La Jolla Cove, to an olympic pool with an amazing setting, i.e. North Sydney Olympic Pool. Your ideas would be most helpful to me; from the well-known watering holes to off-the-beaten spots, from swimming holes to hotel pools...And please note why you love swimming there.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 22 years ago
    My favorite place to swim is Lakeside (Louisville). It is an old rock quarry set in the middle of an established residential neighborhood. The 50-m course takes up only a portion of the total water area. With the rock cliffs and surrounding houses, it is the most unique setting I have ever seen. It has always been worth the drive from Michigan to race there in late summer before Nationals.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 22 years ago
    My favorite place to swim is Lakeside (Louisville). It is an old rock quarry set in the middle of an established residential neighborhood. The 50-m course takes up only a portion of the total water area. With the rock cliffs and surrounding houses, it is the most unique setting I have ever seen. It has always been worth the drive from Michigan to race there in late summer before Nationals.
Children
No Data