Favorite Place to Swim

Former Member
Former Member
I'm taking a casual poll of the "Best Places to Swim in the World" for a freelance story I'm working on. The topic is very open-ended: I'm looking for anything from the best place for an open-water swim, i.e. La Jolla Cove, to an olympic pool with an amazing setting, i.e. North Sydney Olympic Pool. Your ideas would be most helpful to me; from the well-known watering holes to off-the-beaten spots, from swimming holes to hotel pools...And please note why you love swimming there.
Parents
  • Best place to swim? It wasn't the best place to swim as far as the pool itself or the facility but I once went on a business trip to The Netherlands where I swam in a pool with some real interesting "natural" surroundings. Everybody was nude! I had written out a workout in my hotel room and then drove around looking for a pool. I had surfed the web before leaving the States and had a list of pools in the region. I must have gone to 4 or 5 pools where I couldn't swim because they were either closed to the public or they were having rec swim (and their rec swim meant there were kids everywhere and no lap lanes set up). Anyway, I found the one that had "Naturiste Zwemmen" or something like that and did my workout there. 4200 short course meters wearing just my cap and goggles! Jeff
  • Best place to swim? It wasn't the best place to swim as far as the pool itself or the facility but I once went on a business trip to The Netherlands where I swam in a pool with some real interesting "natural" surroundings. Everybody was nude! I had written out a workout in my hotel room and then drove around looking for a pool. I had surfed the web before leaving the States and had a list of pools in the region. I must have gone to 4 or 5 pools where I couldn't swim because they were either closed to the public or they were having rec swim (and their rec swim meant there were kids everywhere and no lap lanes set up). Anyway, I found the one that had "Naturiste Zwemmen" or something like that and did my workout there. 4200 short course meters wearing just my cap and goggles! Jeff
Children
No Data