Trying to locate NM/AZ hotel pool visited in 1992

Former Member
Former Member
Hello all, I was hoping those of you who have lived or traveled in the SW might be able to help me out. In June of 1992, I took a SW road/train trip. The last leg was by Amtrak from Flagstaff to Albuquerque. In one of those 2 locations (My tentative guess is that it was Albuquerque, but not sure), I stayed at a reasonably priced/budget(?) hotel, likely not too far from the Amtrak station and (if it was Albuquerque) likely within 10-15 min drive to the airport. The hotel only had 2-3 floors at most and a southwestern look. What was most remarkable about the hotel was its unusually large, rectangular, blue, incredibly peaceful outdoor pool with an unencumbered view of the hills. I had this beautiful setting all to myself! The pool may even have had lane markers on the bottom. It's possible a local team practiced there as well. I've tried to locate the hotel on various travel websites with no luck. It may have been turned into an athletic club or perhaps the outdoor pool became an indoor pool. If anyone has any suggestions as to which hotel this might have been, I'd be very, very grateful. It was one of my most cherished lap swim memories.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Have you tried doing looking at google satellite images. Maybe start at the Amtrak station at each of those two towns and scour the images. Maybe you'll find it? It'd be tedious, but fun in an odd way. No, I tried locating hotels on google maps and then looking up the websites of each hotel, but I'll try your idea -thanks!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Have you tried doing looking at google satellite images. Maybe start at the Amtrak station at each of those two towns and scour the images. Maybe you'll find it? It'd be tedious, but fun in an odd way. No, I tried locating hotels on google maps and then looking up the websites of each hotel, but I'll try your idea -thanks!
Children
No Data