Cardiac Swimmers

Looking for cardiac athletes. I belong to a couple online groups of athletes who all have had some sort of heart surgery. Bypass, stent, pacemaker, valve replacement, or aneurysm. They are mostly runners, but many cycle, ski, climb mountains, play team sports, etc. We wrote a book about our experiences. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any swimmers who have come back to competition after heart surgery. www.amazon.com/.../1500159638 I had a mechanical aortic valve replacement 25 years ago and continued to do road and track races and shot put. I only recently got more serious about swimming and wonder whether there are any others.
Parents
  • It's been just over four weeks since getting my pacemaker implanted, and can finally get back in the pool tomorrow morning! I wasn't allowed to raise my left arm above my shoulder for a month. Tried moving it around a bit yesterday. It's a bit stiff & I don't have full range of motion, so just plan to take it easy and see how it goes. My pacemaker has a low limit of 55 bpm, with no high limit and the auto rate response is enabled. Will be interesting to see how my heart rate tracks when I get going. Unexplored territory.
  • It's been just over four weeks since getting my pacemaker implanted, and can finally get back in the pool tomorrow morning! I wasn't allowed to raise my left arm above my shoulder for a month. Tried moving it around a bit yesterday. It's a bit stiff & I don't have full range of motion, so just plan to take it easy and see how it goes. My pacemaker has a low limit of 55 bpm, with no high limit and the auto rate response is enabled. Will be interesting to see how my heart rate tracks when I get going. Unexplored territory.
Children
No Data