Cardiac Swimmers

Looking for cardiac athletes. I belong to a couple online groups of athletes who all have had some sort of heart surgery. Bypass, stent, pacemaker, valve replacement, or aneurysm. They are mostly runners, but many cycle, ski, climb mountains, play team sports, etc. We wrote a book about our experiences. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any swimmers who have come back to competition after heart surgery. www.amazon.com/.../1500159638 I had a mechanical aortic valve replacement 25 years ago and continued to do road and track races and shot put. I only recently got more serious about swimming and wonder whether there are any others.
Parents
  • Nothing wrong with my heart, as far as I know, but I had a calcium score of 109, which is the 76th percentile for my age. Weird because I am going to be 59, and I've always been told I look ten or more years younger than my age. I guess the outsides don't necessarily reflect what's going on inside. Anyway, there is terrible cardiac history on my dad's side, although thankfully, he's still with us at 85 (despite bypass, valve replacement, a-fib). The doc says I have no blockages of greater than 50%, but need to get checked once per year. I'm on statins, baby aspirin, BP meds. The doctor says that as far as exercise, the more the better.
  • Nothing wrong with my heart, as far as I know, but I had a calcium score of 109, which is the 76th percentile for my age. Weird because I am going to be 59, and I've always been told I look ten or more years younger than my age. I guess the outsides don't necessarily reflect what's going on inside. Anyway, there is terrible cardiac history on my dad's side, although thankfully, he's still with us at 85 (despite bypass, valve replacement, a-fib). The doc says I have no blockages of greater than 50%, but need to get checked once per year. I'm on statins, baby aspirin, BP meds. The doctor says that as far as exercise, the more the better.
Children
No Data