Cardiac Swimmers

Looking for cardiac athletes. I belong to a couple online groups of athletes who all have had some sort of heart surgery. Bypass, stent, pacemaker, valve replacement, or aneurysm. They are mostly runners, but many cycle, ski, climb mountains, play team sports, etc. We wrote a book about our experiences. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any swimmers who have come back to competition after heart surgery. www.amazon.com/.../1500159638 I had a mechanical aortic valve replacement 25 years ago and continued to do road and track races and shot put. I only recently got more serious about swimming and wonder whether there are any others.
Parents
  • One of my frequent lane partners just got some stints at the end of last year. When we swim together everyone jokes about how it is the "cardiac lane". For a while I think our coach was nervous about pushing us too hard - in spite of our assurances that we were both OK and fully cleared medically by our cardiologists. We've both set multiple PR's this year and both cleaned up at the Gulf Coast Senior Games a couple of weeks ago to qualify for the Florida Senior Games meet in December, so I guess we're doing OK. ;)
  • One of my frequent lane partners just got some stints at the end of last year. When we swim together everyone jokes about how it is the "cardiac lane". For a while I think our coach was nervous about pushing us too hard - in spite of our assurances that we were both OK and fully cleared medically by our cardiologists. We've both set multiple PR's this year and both cleaned up at the Gulf Coast Senior Games a couple of weeks ago to qualify for the Florida Senior Games meet in December, so I guess we're doing OK. ;)
Children
No Data