Cardiac Swimmers

Looking for cardiac athletes. I belong to a couple online groups of athletes who all have had some sort of heart surgery. Bypass, stent, pacemaker, valve replacement, or aneurysm. They are mostly runners, but many cycle, ski, climb mountains, play team sports, etc. We wrote a book about our experiences. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any swimmers who have come back to competition after heart surgery. www.amazon.com/.../1500159638 I had a mechanical aortic valve replacement 25 years ago and continued to do road and track races and shot put. I only recently got more serious about swimming and wonder whether there are any others.
Parents
  • The best story I know is Larry Day, from heart attack survivor to Masters World Record holder. OPbSQfo6waY See also this article in SwimSwam. Larry currently holds the M60-64 LCM 200 fly record (2:29.05), and held the M60-64 LCM 400 IM record (5:28.25), until Rick Colella got it. Not bad for a heart patient!
  • The best story I know is Larry Day, from heart attack survivor to Masters World Record holder. OPbSQfo6waY See also this article in SwimSwam. Larry currently holds the M60-64 LCM 200 fly record (2:29.05), and held the M60-64 LCM 400 IM record (5:28.25), until Rick Colella got it. Not bad for a heart patient!
Children
No Data