Cardiac Swimmers

Looking for cardiac athletes. I belong to a couple online groups of athletes who all have had some sort of heart surgery. Bypass, stent, pacemaker, valve replacement, or aneurysm. They are mostly runners, but many cycle, ski, climb mountains, play team sports, etc. We wrote a book about our experiences. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any swimmers who have come back to competition after heart surgery. www.amazon.com/.../1500159638 I had a mechanical aortic valve replacement 25 years ago and continued to do road and track races and shot put. I only recently got more serious about swimming and wonder whether there are any others.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Yes, we have many members who have had heart surgery. The current USMS Treasurer, Ralph Davis, had a heart transplant about 10 years ago. Here is a photo of him that shows his impressive scar!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Yes, we have many members who have had heart surgery. The current USMS Treasurer, Ralph Davis, had a heart transplant about 10 years ago. Here is a photo of him that shows his impressive scar!
Children
No Data