Swimming in Iceland

Has anyone been to Iceland and can comment on swimming pools for training around Reykjavik? Laugardalslaug looks like the premier facility with two 50 meter pools plus a water slide, but I see there's at least one other 50 meter pool in the metro area (in Kopavogur). Anyone know of any masters groups?
Parents
  • I was lucky enough to visit Iceland this past fall to research an article on why this country leads the world in life expectancy for men. A lot of reasons, though none of them are overwhelmingly persuasive, but I concluded that Icelandic swimming probably has a lot to do with it. What about the fact they are living on a remote island that is powered by geothermal heat, hence very little pollution? Although I'm sure the lifestyle choices there are a factor, too! Icelandic is more complicated than Swedish but they are mutually comprehensible if you use simple grammar and listen carefully. Yes, just from looking at Icelandic web pages it's pretty clear the two languages have much in common. I don't think my Swedish is good enough to understand a normal conversation in Sweden, so I don't have a lot of confidence that I'd be able to comprehend spoken Icelandic!
  • I was lucky enough to visit Iceland this past fall to research an article on why this country leads the world in life expectancy for men. A lot of reasons, though none of them are overwhelmingly persuasive, but I concluded that Icelandic swimming probably has a lot to do with it. What about the fact they are living on a remote island that is powered by geothermal heat, hence very little pollution? Although I'm sure the lifestyle choices there are a factor, too! Icelandic is more complicated than Swedish but they are mutually comprehensible if you use simple grammar and listen carefully. Yes, just from looking at Icelandic web pages it's pretty clear the two languages have much in common. I don't think my Swedish is good enough to understand a normal conversation in Sweden, so I don't have a lot of confidence that I'd be able to comprehend spoken Icelandic!
Children
No Data