Competitive Sleeping

Is anyone else annoyed by those watches and phone apps that track your sleep patterns? I was given a Garmin 920xt watch for my birthday in November, and I started tracking my sleep. At first, I thought it was cool, but I really didn't like wearing a watch to bed at night, so I downloaded a "motion detector" sleep app for my iPhone. Now I find myself competing in my sleep...literally. Mark
Parents
  • Now if I had a chance to set a WR in sleeping, maybe I'd look into my phone's sleep tracking app. ;) But the problem is that even with the technology, shouldn't there be (as in marathon swimming), an impartial observer. Look at th problems that arose in verifying Diana Nyad's swim. Yet I'm not so sure I want any observers in my room while I sleep. If cats are accepted as observers, sure. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to pass up this golden opportunity for fame and fortune. ;) Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Now if I had a chance to set a WR in sleeping, maybe I'd look into my phone's sleep tracking app. ;) But the problem is that even with the technology, shouldn't there be (as in marathon swimming), an impartial observer. Look at th problems that arose in verifying Diana Nyad's swim. Yet I'm not so sure I want any observers in my room while I sleep. If cats are accepted as observers, sure. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to pass up this golden opportunity for fame and fortune. ;) Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data