Competitive Sleeping

Is anyone else annoyed by those watches and phone apps that track your sleep patterns? I was given a Garmin 920xt watch for my birthday in November, and I started tracking my sleep. At first, I thought it was cool, but I really didn't like wearing a watch to bed at night, so I downloaded a "motion detector" sleep app for my iPhone. Now I find myself competing in my sleep...literally. Mark
Parents
  • can we do the sleep competition after the ice cream challenge? gimme 3 mins and i can be asleep on the couch before dinner, after dinner, wake up and go to bed...you name it must be all that washing of my suit at 5:30am LOL. I used to be like that too and once I went to bed someone could have stolen the bed out from under me without waking me up. But not so much as I've gotten older. Now I wake up more, can't always fall back to sleep instantly, and don't know how much restorative sleep I'm really getting. Thinking about one of those watches with sleep and HR monitor and possibly a GPS for running.
  • can we do the sleep competition after the ice cream challenge? gimme 3 mins and i can be asleep on the couch before dinner, after dinner, wake up and go to bed...you name it must be all that washing of my suit at 5:30am LOL. I used to be like that too and once I went to bed someone could have stolen the bed out from under me without waking me up. But not so much as I've gotten older. Now I wake up more, can't always fall back to sleep instantly, and don't know how much restorative sleep I'm really getting. Thinking about one of those watches with sleep and HR monitor and possibly a GPS for running.
Children
No Data