Stupid Newbie Questions....

Former Member
Former Member
Hey All! New user to the forum and a newbie masters swimmer. Spent most of the day searching threads for advice, but now I am hopelessly overwhelmed by information, so I am wondering if anyone can answer a few questions or possibly refer me to the appropriate thread. My goals are to add swimming to my current winter cycling workouts. Eventually, I will add running to the workouts in a few months. I want to swim on my two cycling "off" days. Are there any newbie workouts on the training forum to accommodate this? I don't know where to start, really. Are there any specific swimming training programs that will help a rank beginner? I cannot join my local club as my work schedule is incompatible with my local club's classes/workouts. My goals are to lose weight and get more fit. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hey guys, thank you for all the good advice! I will see if it's possible to get a private lesson from my local swim club. To answer Swimdogs' question...I have completed 3 sprint triathlons in 2015. I have no "organized" swimming experience. Luckily, I haven't injured myself. I watched a lot of youtube swim form videos and tried my best to focus on good form. I absolutely understand that I need to have good form to reduce the chance of injury...something I definitely do not want to be sidelined by! Thanks again for your advice!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hey guys, thank you for all the good advice! I will see if it's possible to get a private lesson from my local swim club. To answer Swimdogs' question...I have completed 3 sprint triathlons in 2015. I have no "organized" swimming experience. Luckily, I haven't injured myself. I watched a lot of youtube swim form videos and tried my best to focus on good form. I absolutely understand that I need to have good form to reduce the chance of injury...something I definitely do not want to be sidelined by! Thanks again for your advice!
Children
No Data