Stupid Newbie Questions....

Former Member
Former Member
Hey All! New user to the forum and a newbie masters swimmer. Spent most of the day searching threads for advice, but now I am hopelessly overwhelmed by information, so I am wondering if anyone can answer a few questions or possibly refer me to the appropriate thread. My goals are to add swimming to my current winter cycling workouts. Eventually, I will add running to the workouts in a few months. I want to swim on my two cycling "off" days. Are there any newbie workouts on the training forum to accommodate this? I don't know where to start, really. Are there any specific swimming training programs that will help a rank beginner? I cannot join my local club as my work schedule is incompatible with my local club's classes/workouts. My goals are to lose weight and get more fit. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Parents
  • Is there any way you can spend at least some time with a local masters coach? So much at your level (and any level for that matter) goes into technique, so the time spent might be worthwhile. They may also be able to craft an individualized workout schedule for you based upon what they assess. Out of curiosity, at what point in your swimming are you starting? What is your swimming background where you consider yourself a "newbie?"
  • Is there any way you can spend at least some time with a local masters coach? So much at your level (and any level for that matter) goes into technique, so the time spent might be worthwhile. They may also be able to craft an individualized workout schedule for you based upon what they assess. Out of curiosity, at what point in your swimming are you starting? What is your swimming background where you consider yourself a "newbie?"
Children
No Data