Forward Leaning Start

In Rushall's paper on sprinting he recommends the forward leaning start.Several years ago I read an article on a forward leaning start,but that was a grab start. I practiced it for awhile and went to a local meet. I was disappointed with my results and a referee I respect told me that I needed to practice it more if I was going to use it in a meet as I was unsteady on the blocks and near a DQ.I gave up on it as a waste of time until I read Rushall's article. I tried it with a track start a couple of times.I felt steady on the blocks and fast off the block,but I didn't feel my jump was as strong. The only pool I use that lets me use the blocks regularly suffered storm damage and is closed at least a month so I haven't had the chance to get times to 15M to see how it compares with my standard start.I have never seen anyone use this start at a meet. Do any Forumites have experience with it and what are your results?
Parents
  • I tried various starts with a coach yesterday.The forward leaning start was 0.5 sec slower to 15M. Slingshot track start (leaning back) was about the same as neutral position track start( weight not front or back) but felt stronger. YMMV
  • I tried various starts with a coach yesterday.The forward leaning start was 0.5 sec slower to 15M. Slingshot track start (leaning back) was about the same as neutral position track start( weight not front or back) but felt stronger. YMMV
Children
No Data